Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The School Year Begins!

Another school year is upon us!  In our house now lives a 2nd grader and a Kindergartner!   

We awoke to a beautiful day!  As we stepped out to take the traditional first day of school pics, the morning air was crisp and signaled the start of school.  Evelyn was eager to take photos and Kevin was able to snap a few before he headed off to school himself.  On our drive in, Evelyn mention the butterflies in her tummy- but they were good ones.  Christian had one more day to wait- the Kindergarten began a day after the grades.  It was tough for him and his mantra for the day was, "I love my school!  I can't wait  until tomorrow to start!"  His entrance into Kindergarten was certainly a pleasant experience that barred anxiety.  Two happy kiddos eager for school to begin made for a great start to the school year!
Evelyn - 2nd Grade, Age 8
Christian - Yellowbird (Kindergarten), Age 5
I think she's excited to be back!


The "Birds" gather at their morning meeting place.


2 comments:

  1. Love it! Looks like both Ev & Christian are excited to be back in school. I bet that makes it easier on you guys! Thanks for posting again...I've been checking this site all summer just waiting for you to post again. Hope all is well and hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were the bee in my bonnet! I'm working on another of our summer adventures! Hope you are well and hoping to connect over Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete