Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day


There are 26 minutes until Labor Day 2010 is part of history.  This also means in 26 minutes + 6 hours my alarm will be sounding its call to beckon me from my slumber.  The kiddos are all tucked in and sleeping soundly.  Just Ev starts school tomorrow - only a half day with popsicles at the end.  A nice way to ease in.  C starts Wednesday as a Yellowbird (Kindergarten), but since he will do 3 half days, he only has 1 day this week.  So he, too, shall be eased in.  Kevin has been in school and is starting week 3.  So our household is kicking into full blown Year 2 in A2 - Y2A2.  Year 1 went by very fast.  This year will probably zip by faster now that we all are into our grooves.

I always loved heading back to school and I see that in our kiddos, too.  As a mom, I get excited for them, but it is truly bittersweet as my lazy mornings of snuggling before we head down to breakfast are now going to be waking earlier enough to avoid rushing.  It's been a great summer.  Today was a great day as well- lots of playtime with the neighbors, and outdoor haircut for Christian (by me) and enjoying an invitation to a school friend of Evelyn's to celebrate moving into a new home in a very lovely, peaceful setting.  Seeing new as of a year ago, but now familiar faces, makes me ready to take on tomorrow and reconnect.  Many projects lie ahead for me with those few mornings a week where I have 'me time' and I look forward to ringing in the new school year and the smell of autumn days.

Until tomorrow...when I hope to post the first day of school pics!  Good night-  T minus 6 hours 18 minutes.

1 comment: