Monday, September 7, 2009

The non-solstice end of summer

It's 9:42pm EST as I type this blog. Feeling some butterflies as tomorrow Evelyn begins school. Her 4th school in the 4 years of attending school. I vowed I would have my kids lead stable school lives, not school hopping. How often we eat our words as adults and parents. Here's to hoping we've found a great match in Waldorf ed and this next 4 years while Kevin attends dental school, Evelyn attends just this one school.

The alarm in our room is set for 6:15 a.m.; Evelyn requested an alarm as well and I chose 7:07 as she is 7. We will leave promptly as 7:55a.m. as we are told the first day is very difficult to find parking if we arrive past 8:20. We'll attend the Rose Ceremony in which the 1st graders receive a rose from their senior buddy. In spring when the seniors are ready to graduate the seniors will be on the receiving end as the 1st grade buddies hand them roses to send them into the world. I'm happy to hear that Kevin will be able to attend with us. After the ceremony when Evelyn enters her first grade classroom for the first time, Christian and I will drop Kevin off at dental school. Christian and I will need to be back at the school for a preschool tea with the preschool families. We'll stick around until 12:30pm when Evelyn is finished-- only a half day for her this first day. We can ease in...

Here's to a good night and where sleep chases the butterflies away. I'll hope for no crazy dreams of not being able to make it on time, or of the car being stuck in endless traffic, or my feet not moving...all those great dream dilemmas. And I'll hope for the raindrops to spare us a few morning pictures! Until then...sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment